by: Meg CabotFrom: Human Resources (human.resources@thenyjournal.com)
Subject: This Book
Dear Reader,
This is an automated message from the Human Resources Division of the New York Journal, New York City' s leading photo-newspaper. Please be aware that according to our records you have not yet read this book. What exactly are you waiting for? This book has it all:
This is an automated message from the Human Resources Division of the New York Journal, New York City' s leading photo-newspaper. Please be aware that according to our records you have not yet read this book. What exactly are you waiting for? This book has it all:
Humor
Romance
Cooking tips
Great Danes
Heroine in peril
Dolphin-shaped driftwood sculptures
If you wish to read about any of the above, please do not hesitate to head to the checkout counter, where you will be paired with a sales associate who will work to help you buy this book.
We here at the New York Journal are a team. We win as a team, and lose as one as well. Don' t you want to be on the winning team?
Sincerely,
Human Resources Division
New York Journal
Please note that failure to read this book may result in suspension or dismissal from this store.
6 comments:
I am a HUGE Meg Cabot fan. So far, I've read nine of her books (this one included) and this one doesn't disappoint. Cabot's books are HILARIOUS ;p The Boy Next Door is a classic chicklit novel ;p It's different because it's written in email format and most of the time, I can picture myself gossiping just as the characters do. Too bad my office isn't as exciting though ;p The storyline is predictable and there are some stereotypes, but overall it was a fun and easy read. There are 3 books in this "Boy" series, and this one is definitely my favorite. Excellent Choice, Hoo!!!!
This is my 4th Meg Cabot book and she has not let me down yet! I totally LOVED this book. From the moment I started reading I could not put it down. Not only is it a fun read it was also a fast one cause of how it's in email form..
I especially liked the part when John first meets Mel and he notices she's a red head and emails his brother for help! LOL totallyyy cuuute! It was hella OA towards the end though when Mel put that announcement about John looking for a wife and Max's engagement to Vivica - I was like OK already, but it was a nice twist to the story, I guess..
I hope there is a part 2 to this book!
@Noi, so is there a part 2 to this book since you said it's part of a series?
Overall, I liked the book. Probably not my favorite Meg Cabot book, but still worth reading...and purchasing :) At first it was a little hard to read because of the format and having to figure out who was e-mailing who, but eventually I got used to it. I noticed Cabot made a mistake on Stacy's email. When Stacy got her own e-mail address, it was IH8Barney@freemail.com, but then later it changed to IH8Barney@trentcapital.com, and then went back to the freemail address..... I was like "whaaaat?" You'd think someone would've caught that during the edit, but I guess no one really paid attention to it and just skipped to the actual e-mail. Anyway, I thought it was cute that Jon was head over heels for her... @Rizzi - I liked that part too where he e-mails his brother and says she's a redhead and just straight up says "help." LOL. I also thought it was cute that he totally took care of her when she was sick, by doing her dishes.... I thought it was OA as well that millions of women were waiting for him in his office when Mel wrote that article... And I also thought it was impossible that she could type John and Max's conversation word for word at the very end when John got Max to confess... I was like, "can she really type that fast..." There were some moments, especially when he was trying to get back with her that I wish I could get more out of the plot than just the e-mails that were going back and forth.... I just felt like I was missing out on stuff, like emotion or what was going on outside from the emails... I don't know. Hard to explain.. I just know that towards the end, I felt like I needed more. Anyway, it was definitely a quick read and if there's a series to this, I definitely want to get on it because I really like Jon and Mel together. Very cute couple!!
Joy, this is part of Cabot's "Boy" series using the same email format. #1 - The Boy Next Door, #2 - Boy Meets Girl and #3 - Every Boy's Got One. Books 2 & 3 aren't continuations of John and Mel's life. They are actually separate stories, but have some of the same characters as Boy Next Door. Of the three books in the series, the Boy Next Door is my favorite. Good eye for catching the email error ;p I didn't even notice it.
This was another great book! Probably not my favorite Meg Cabot book but I did enjoy it. I definitely like her Queen of Babble series the best.
I was also having a little trouble in the beginning with the format of the book but as I kept reading, I was able to catch on and figure out who was writing each email. It kinda brought me back to when we just had email to communicate with each other over the internet. Now we have chat and I was thinking how the book would be in a chat format. LOL. I could picture myself chatting with all the characters in the book. hahahaha.
Overall, this was a good read. I thought it was very cute how John fell head over heels for Mel. Very cute love story! Although, I don't see how John got away with impersonating Max for so long. If he was that big of a photographer, someone would've noticed! And, I don't see how Mel couldn't have known about John when he worked for another magazine/newspaper which was in the same area as her company and his family was wealthy and well known everywhere. There has got to be people who know each other in that line of work!
Anyways, I did enjoy the book and I can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Ok I loved this book! I totally love the email format. It was a quick read. I have to perform email reviews at work, so this is a foray of what people really send to each other with their work emails.
Post a Comment